From:
Ethan Matthews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 03:06:15 -0500
On Mon, 23 Jul 2001 08:04:24 -0500, Al Olry <[log in to unmask]> posted article
<[log in to unmask]>, which said:

> I have just installed a Data, Fax, Voice, Speakerphone Modem.  My Device
> Manager tells me that everythng is OK, but my Modem Properties says that
> ports 1 and 2 have no modem.  It was assigned to port 5.  I do not know
> how to change this to port 1.

Well, you can try going to Control Panel | Modems, then click on your modem
if it shows up.  Click Properties and a configuration panel will show up.
You should be able to select the port you wish to use.  Mine only has COM1
and COM2 because I only have 2 serial ports.  I use an external modem.

> Also, when I boot up it tells me that my floppy drives are not working
> properly.

If you've been fiddling around inside your machine, you could have knocked
the power cord off the drive(s).  I did that once.  Or it could have been
one of the ribbon cables that attach to the floppy.  It may have worked
loose, or it could be connected backwards.

Ethan

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com