From:
Javier Vizcaino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 10:01:47 +0100
Hi.
Looking only at the capacitance (the lower the better),
probably it is lower with one 64 MB dimm than with two 32 MB
dimm, even if the total number of memory chips were the
same. Other criteria could be the access time, the chips
brand, etc.
BTW, suppose that with the two 32 MB dimms, each has a SPD
(serial programmable device eeprom) with the memory
parameters, and they happen to be different. Which SPD would
dictate the parameters? Could be:
-For each dimm its SPD.
-SPD in memory slot  1.
-Worst case for all (???).
This is a mistery to me (could depend on the chipset, the
bios and the mobo). One dimm -> no mistery.
Javier Vizcaino. Ability Electronics. [log in to unmask]
http://ability53.hypermart.net
  Starting point:        (-1)^(-1) = -1
  Applying logarithms: (-1)*ln(-1) = ln(-1)
  Since ln(-1) <> 0, dividing:  -1 = 1     (ln(-1) is
complex, but exists)