From:
"Dean K. Kukral" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2008 12:17:46 -0600
I am in the process of building new computers for my wife and myself
and, this time, rather than give my old computer to a deserving friend,
I intend to build a Windows Home Server with it.  (WHS operating system
is based on the Windows 2003 Server platform.)

My main question is: do I need to put some sort of anti-malware software
on the server, and, if so, what would an experienced person recommend to
be particularly appropriate for a WHS?  (Please note that I am not
asking, "What is your favorite anti-malware software!" I am not trying
to start a discussion over this subject.)  Since a server does not
access the web nor does it download and display email, I suspect that
some specific packages might be more effective than others.  Or,
perhaps, no package is  necessary?   Since WHS is relatively new, I
don't expect that there be any subscribers that have had much experience
with it, but, perhaps, experience with Windows Server 2003 could carry
over?

Also, any advice or suggestions on how to effectively set up and use a
WHS would be  welcome.

While WHS is supposed to be easy to use, I have a six hundred page book
that I am  reading on how to set it up, use it, and troubleshoot it!
:)

Dean Kukral