From:
David Abbe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 05:01:48 -0600
Ok, now this is into the very annoying stage.

System:  AMD 233, 72 meg ram, win95B, Win NT workstation 4.0, soon to add
Linux to the mix,
current modem:  USRobotics 56K data/fax with voice.  I use Internet
Explorer 4.++++, DUN 1.3

I have had this system about a year now, have had three different modems
installed, Phoebe, Askey, and now this USR.  The modems have all worked
wonderfully.  No problem there.  Occasionally, when I exit Explorer, or
Outlook my modem flat out disappears.  When I try to connect again, there
is a red x and an OK button, that's it.  All I know to do is to restart
Windows, and things work perfectly again.  This only happens occasionally
and happens whether I exit  from Explorer or Outlook.  I seem to remember
someone asking about this recently but don't remember any solutions.
After the reboot, I may be able to connect, disconnect, and connect again
several times, over a couple of days, or sometimes just for the current
day there does not seem to be any certain pattern to when my modem goes
on vacation.  Could someone please toss some ideas towards me?

Thank you very much,
Sincerely,
David A. Abbe
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]