From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 22:02:14 -0400
At 19:20 07/17/00, Jess Anaya wrote:
>Will Partition Magic allow you to eliminate one of the
>partitions. Say give all available space to C and D and get
>rid of E??

Partition Magic (PM for short) will let you combine (in one
operation) two partitions (to be more precise, volumes) into
one. You can combine volumes D and E into a new D and no data
will be lost. The only oddity is that the former contents of
E will end up in one big folder on D. (This is so you won't
lose any data if there are duplicate names on both volumes
before the operation.) After combining the two volumes, you
could move all the data outside that new folder.

With older versions of PM, you would have to manually copy
everything from E to D and then you would (using PM or FDISK)
delete E. Finally, using PM you would expand the size of D to
fill out the free space on the disk. The problem with this
method is what to do if there is not enough free room on D to
hold the data from E. So if you have PM5, just do the one step
combination of D and E into one.

Regards,
Bill

                     visit our download web page at: