From:
m_sayer_ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 03:56:25 +0100
Ok, just read your email a couple of times, and I've just noticed something.
If you've explained this right, then it looks as though you're trying to run
the FDISK on drive A rather than drive C.
Try using the start up disk again, and when you get to the A prompt, type:
C:  (then enter)
Then try typing FDISK (and enter)
You may have already been doing this, but I can only go by what you have
said.

In the past I have had the same error message when I have had problems with
the hard drive, or when the cables have been faulty.
Also, double check in the Bios to see that the drives are set to 'auto' or
'autodetect' or words to that effect.
It's probably something really silly.
~Goodluck
Michele sayer

> I have a new computer with no operating system from
> xtechnology.  When I put my startup disk in for
> Windows98se and it goes to A:, I enter FDISK and hit
> enter.  It states I have "no fixed disk".  What can
> do.  The company states they won't help because i
> did
> not buy the os from them.
>
> Ralph Hunter

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,