From:
Thomas Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 15:27:19 EDT
We are trying to reinstall a Xerox DWC250 onto a new Win98se workstation.  We
have followed the instructions in an installation supplement by Xerox to add
eight configuration lines to system.ini, Enh386 section and to confirm two
drivers are found or added to the Windows, System subdirectory.  We have
WinFax Pro v10.01 installed on the workstation to handle fax composition.
The Xerox software is configured to seek com1 on IRQ4;  the onboard winmodem
is functioning on Com2, IRQ3.  However, whenever we connect the serial port
from the Xerox to the serial port on the workstation, the computer freezes
completely.  When the cable is disconnected, the computer regains function as
if uninterrupted.  We have chatted with the fee-based Xerox technical
support, but they disclaim any capacity to support this device.  It worked
fine in Win95 for capturing both faxes and scans.  Does anybody on the list
have some idea how we might configure this device to work with Win98?

Tommy Holmes, Jr.

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>