From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 06:58:22 -0600
At 01:47 PM 12/22/98 -0800, you wrote:

>The one on the HDD stays on no matter what. I have made sure that
>the jumper's are correctly set. I have also attempted to find the
>LED jumper/receptacle on the HDD, but it doesn't seem to have one.

The LED should be connected to the hard disk controller, not to the hard
disk.  For most computers today, this means it will be connected to the
motherboard, usually in a group of connectors for other LEDs like the
speaker, power-on LED, etc.  If the LED stays off all the time but is
connected to the right pins, this usually means that the connector is
backwards on the pins.  I've never seen one that stays on all the time.
You might try reversing the connector on the same pins.  Otherwise, the
only thing I can think of is that it is connected to the wrong pins.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html