From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 16:11:29 -0800
I may be behind the times, but I understood that setting the jumper was to
erase the CMOS settings to default, NOT clearing the BIOS. An easier way to
clear the CMOS settings is to use the KILLCMOS utility that is available at
our www.freepctech.com site.

If the BIOS indeed needs to be "cleared" - meaning you need to flash it to a
new version, it would usually involve a boot floppy with a utility and the
BIOS code on it. If the BIOS was damaged for some reason, then a new BIOS
ROM would need to be physically installed before such an upgrade could be
done.

Do the new motherboards actually have some non-flashable portion of the BIOS
that will clear the flashable portion? I am not aware of any such
capability. Please let me know if there is.

Peter
The NoSpin Group