From:
Ed Thomasson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 18:31:14 -0600
I did all my work, built my computers, and my network. If you follow the
directions, it is not that hard, and you shouldn't try to discourage others
by making it seem so. Nobody else did any work before I got there! If you
choose network printer over the local, it may ask for the drivers, but hey,
you have them anyway. If you don't have the disks, you have them on your
machine that the printer is attached to. I never saw any message about the
printer not hooked to my machine. That is what network printer means. The
screen says "How is this printer attached to your computer? If it is
directly attached to your computer, click Local Printer. If it is attached
to another computer, click network Printer." I have used this in 95 peer to
peer and also on NT server with 95 clients. Of course it goes without
saying that you must have "file and print sharing checked in 'network
neighborhood'"