From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 2009 08:16:57 -0500
http://www.purenetworks.com/nmlp/home-networking.php?gclid=CNWUyZ6h2psCFQydnAodd3rX-w&src=google&kw=network+magic

There is a program called "Network Magic" that is available at the above web site for about $50, with a free seven day trial
download.  I used it before I set up my Windows Home Server, which is not nearly as versatile as Network Magic, but manages backups
extremely well.   The main problem is that they do not claim to support W98, so you  might email them to see what they say, or,
simply, try the free download.  You can probably do most everything yourself, as Hugh says, but Network Magic will make things much,
much easier, as it does all the work for you - provided it will work with W98.  (You said you wanted something "easier.")

Dean Kukral