From:
"Robet W. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 08:05:43 -0400
Hello Folk's,
This may be a long post but i feel it will help with a solution.
I have been runnin a home built pc for about 18 months with no problems. It xconsits of: Asus P3b-f 440 bx orriginal bios,PIII 500, 128mg pc100ram, IBM Ultrastar 9.1 gig SCSI hard drive, a koula scsi card (symbios) Ricoh CDR-cdrw,Soundblaster Live Value,Creative 48x cd-rom and an Itech 10-100 Lan card on a 4 point hub. OS consists of: windows 98se with all updates. I was in the process of installing Nero Burning rom in which i had had problems before with the aspi layer but figured i would give it a shot this time considering the version of the symbios was included in thier updates, however the installation went as did in the past, imediately explorer started locking. when checked the aspi layer it reported operating properly however no host adapter was found. I fig
ured the heck with it and decided to format, grabed my 98 boot disc , stuck it in the floppy and procedded to restart, now when it restarts i can here the hard drive post, the keyboard flashes and thats it, not monitor , no tones , nothing, Any suggestions would be grately appreciated !

Thank you all in advance for your time!
Sincely,
Robert W. Smith

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's: