Date:
Mon, 2 May 2005 14:16:46 -0700
If all of that fails first, try a different monitor.  I lost my mouse cursor when my
monitor started failing.
Carol Hanson

Hi Beth,

The most common reason for this to happen is for the mouse to be become
unplugged, or the connector or cable to be damaged. The cable can easily
become pinched and broken. The small pins in the connector can become bent.

You don't mention what type of mouse you have, most these days are PS2, but
USB is used also. Older types are serial based.

In almost all circumstances, the OS will detect the mouse with no other
drivers or software setup needed, so it is most likely a hardware problem
as described above. If the cable and connector check out, then the mouse
itself may have died. Try a mouse from another computer (perhaps borrow one
from a friend) to see if it works. If so, then just buy a new mouse, you
can get them almost anywhere, even Target and Walmart.

If you need to shut down, but can't get to the shutdown dialog, use the
keyboard combination "ctrl-alt-del", and in the window that pops up, use
the "tab" key to highlight the "shutdown" button and press "enter". To
select items from a drop down (like to select between "shutdown",
"restart", etc), use the arrow keys (up/down) and press "enter" when the
selection is highlighted. You would be surprised just how much you can do
with the keyboard alone.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml