Date:
Fri, 11 May 2007 01:05:55 -0400
System - eMachine T1100
XP Home

Working on for acquaintance. Once machine booted clicking on any user
account resulted in machine rebooting. Had some other issues as well. No
restore CDs came with machine. Decided to just reformat and resinstall XP
Home from a CD I had using the KEY on the sticker on back of machine.  When
I put in the "product key" as listed on the machine I get an "Invalid Key"
response.  Doing some net searching I found a reference to the fact that
eMachines evidently put the activation key on the sticker not the product
key. Oops. Well, the c:\ has been formatted so trying to retrieve what the
actual key was is a moot point on c:\. Not real familiar with eMachines but
there is a second partition on the drive that's FAT32 and appears to have
something on it. Is this a restore function? If so how do you access\run the
restore?

Thanks in advance

Jayne Johnston

                     support at our newest website: