From:
Fran Bott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 04:53:48 -0500
The original memory in that computer was probably PC 66 not PC 100. I
also have some older memory for systems like that that was labeled
4Clock that only works in the older systems. It could also have been EDO
memory.

Please email me and I will try to help you get the memory you need for
that system.

Fran

I'm trying to upgrade an old Gateway P5 133 with more memory. It just
has the original 16M,
not enough to really run Win 98.  Gateway web site doesn't recognize the
S/n nor list that
 model. Their techs only spec SDRAM PC 100 (up to 64M) with no other
specs. I tried several
SDRAM sticks that won't work. But a 64M NEC stick works, but only 16M is
recognized. So I
get a total of 32M with the original RAM in place. Why doesn't the
computer recognize the
whole 64M? What other specs do I need to get the correct memory sticks?

Russ Cox

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml