From:
Derek Buchanan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:03:15 -0500
Rahul,
     From what it sounds like, IE7 may have installed wrong.  I guess
there is an outside chance that it hit some malware or a virus during
the install and the operating system suffered the consequences.  There
is way to do some scans from a Windows CD environment.  Several
programs from antivirus to antispyware are on the CD and it is free.
The name is the Ultimate Boot CD for Windows.  You can get information
and download the ISO from the website to burn a CD from another
working computer.
http://www.ubcd4win.com/

If you are more concerned with just trying to get the machine back up
you could try a repair of Windows XP but the problem is you have to
get IE 7 off first.  The problem is if you do the repair with IE 7
still on, then the version IE 6 will not work when the system comes
up.  You might be able to uninstall it from the Windows repair
console.  The details of that are from Microsoft available here.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917964

So in short, I believe you have three options.
1) Use the Ultimate Boot CD for Windows to do some scans for
malware/virus and see if that is the problem.

2) try and uninstall IE7 from the Windows Repair Console (via XP SP2
CD) and see if it boots

3) if the uninstall of IE7 from the Repair Console doesn't help then
do a Windows Repair to try and get the machine up and running

Option 3 is probably last ditch.   You can try it and if it does work
you will have to rerun Windows Updates to get the machine secure
again.  (well as secure as Windows gets if you know what I mean)  The
repair function restores all the windows files to the state on the CD
which removes your updates.  At the very least if you can't even get
the machine up again, then you can boot with the Ultimate Boot CD for
Windows while having a usb drive plugged in and save any data you have
on the machine.  From there it would be format/reinstall.
Hopefully that helps a little considering the long winded explanation.

good luck,
Derek Buchanan

On Jan 28, 2008 6:17 AM, rahul ghosh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Dear All,
> I ahve got one pc ACER Make 7500G with 256MB RAM, working fine till yesterday, I loaded IE 7 and the system crashed. Firstly, the explorer got corrupted, I tried expanding the explorer from the XP CD (Service Pack 2), it booted and the desktop came about but no cut/copy & paste operation was possible. Now from today's morning it is only rebooting automatically after the XP logo so it has crashed completely, why Iam not able to make out, whether virus problem ? But how to sort it out step by step ?
> Please help !!!
> Rahul Ghosh
> Delhi
> Post ads for free - to sell, rent or even buy.www.yello.in
>          PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml