From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2008 08:24:28 -0700
Since you have not received any responses so far, I'll try to give some
suggestions. If you use headphones directly plugged into your CD and DVD
drives while playing music and the music play back is good, the issue is
apparently not hardware related. I would look for a program that is
using a high amount of resources and, thereby slowing down the
processing of the input from the CD and DVD players. You can find that
by using the Windows Task Manager (control-alternate-delete) and looking
at the Processes tab. By clicking on CPU you can list the processes by
the amount of CPU usage and see if anything does not seem appropriate.
If anything does show up, you can then decide how you might want to
control it.

I hope this helps. If not, hopefully others can further assist you.

Tom

colin joyce wrote:
> Hi,  After reading other readers problems for some time, I find I can use some help myself.
>
> I have just taken over an Intel P4 5.5 CPU, with XP, 1GB DDR 400 RAM, new 80 GB serial ATA HDD, new DVD burner, used CD player,ATX power supply.  Played music discs in both drives and both played at very slow speed.  Replaced both drives, but result the same, and also replaced the Power Supply.  Would appreciate any advice to cure this problem.  Colin Joyce.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml