From:
Brian Coe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 18:11:25 -0800
I  don't believe the USB will support the ISA architecture. USB requires
the ability to use the PCI irq sharing.  I do know they make a PCI USB
connector for machines. Altho I have also heard that you need the win95 2.5
or 98 to get the USB functionality.

At 01:32 PM 2/11/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Quick question..???
>
>Has anyone seen an adaptor that will allow an USB
>device to be connected to an older system without
>existing USB ports?
>
>I just did a preliminary look around and did not find one.
>Even a simple ISA card that can be plugged into the
>motherboard to add USB support might work, although
>I would prefer a USB to Paralell port adaptor.
>
>I have a USB zip drive and would like to use it to transfer
>files to older system.

[Full Name]
[e-mail address]
-----
The American Dream does not come to those who fall asleep.
-----
[web site address]
[business telephone number]
-----
(c) 1997, Schizofrenia! ( Signature generated w/SchizoSigz! v1.0 )
Get your copy at: http://www.surfline.ne.jp/alt-fx