From:
Robert Hemming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 13:23:03 EDT
To the List:

One technique I have found that sometimes works on HP cartridges that have
dried ink is to soak the bottom portion of the printhead in warm water for
several hours.  Sometimes this will loosen the dried ink in the printhead
pins.  Also, wetting a paper towel and setting the cartridge on it, print
head down also helps in less severe cases.

If the printhead is FUBAR, the only thing you are going to lose is time.

I learned this information from one of those print head refill sites on the
web.

RB Hemming