From:
Minson Ngo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 17:10:48 -0800
The VxD problem usually refers to key files that belong to Windows 98/ME
that may be damaged or missing. You can use System File Checker to verify
the integrity of your operating system files, to restore them if  they are
corrupted, and to extract compressed files (such as drivers) from your
installation disk. You can start System File Checker by clicking Start,
highlighting Programs, pointing to Accessories, selecting System Tools, and
then clicking System Information. In System Information, click Tools, and
then click System File Checker. Otherwise, you may need to reinstall Windows
from scratch. I would try System File Checker first and see if it solves the
problem. If not, I would back up my important files and reinstall Windows.

> >Hi, I have a Compaq 5724 PC, Genuine Intel, 255 MB RAM, Intel(Cr) Celeron
> >(tm) Processor, and Windows 98SE. When I put a CD in my CDROM I get a
blue
> >screen with message saying "An exception OE has occurred at0028:80000200
in
> >VxD---This was called from 0028:C182B578 in VxD scsi1hlp(03) + 00000508.
It
> >may be possible to continue normally.
> >
> >* Press any key to attempt to continue.
> >* Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart your computer. You will lose any unsaved
> >information in all applications.
> >

> >                    Press any key to continue.
> >
> >None of this works. Every time I try again it changes the numbers. I
> >reinstalled Windows 98SE but that did not help. I ran the Scandisk &
> >Defragged. That did not help. Please HELP me FIX it. THANKS in advance!!!
> >
> >Tressie Mittenburg
> >Sedalia, MO

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>