From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 14:32:49 -0500
Picking up on what Chris Ryan had said about Peter Shkabara's observation
that his DSL connection had gotten slower over time, I had wondered about
this "construction factor", too.  It could be that a phone technician, in
doing some work at one of those connection boxes has rerouted your
connection to the main office in the process of doing some other work.  Your
new route may not be the up to DSL specs, anymore.  If something like this
is the case, it may be that you can get the phone company to look into this
and change it back.

John