From:
Gus Clouse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 22:51:46 -0500
I recently had my computer upgraded with a new cd-rom.  It only worked for a couple of days but then quit.  The computer repair place blamed the problem on a virus (they believe it's "the snow white virus").  When a cd is placed in the cd-rom, it reads all cds as music (the music symbol shows up when I click my computer and d drive) and will not read them.  We can not run games or re-install hardware due to this problem. When the computer is turned on the message "fast disk drive failed to communicate with dos hard disk drive. driver reading aborted."  I've scanned for viruses with a couple of anti-virus programs and they say there is no virus present.  Is a driver or dll missing? Is there a recommended way to clear up this problem. I can't rebuild the hard drive because the cd-rom won't recognize the disk that came with my computer to do that. Thanks for your help.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml