From:
Michael Eisenstadt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Jul 2015 09:08:45 -0500
Hi all!

Not my first build. Old ATX case, new Corsair 450w psu,
AMD A8-7800 CPU and Gigabyte mb. In past builds
I used to buy OEM CPUs and cooler fan separately.
But now the only OEM CPUs are for servers in cloud
farms. I tried the stock cooler and at top speed its temp
stabilized at 58c. So I started a ticket with Giga.
support and they recommended a Zalman with
a copper interface with the CPU but it is too big
for an ATX case. The ticket is still open and maybe
after the holiday weekend there will be a tip from
their techies. There is a Cooler Master 4 copper
tubes imbedded AND TOUCHING in the aluminum
contact surface, but again too big for an ATX case.
They offer a 3 copper tupes model also imbedded in
the aluminum plate but not touching. The CPU is
rated at 65w. My previous build was an AMD Phenom
II 3 core CPU on a Gigabyte mb with a Gigabyte
gamer's cooler fan. I note that that CPU idles at 43c.

So I need your cooler fan knowledge. Although
the CPU is said to be very overclockable, I dont
plan to overclock it. I intend to get a 4 pin interface
with the mb type cooler fan rather than a 3 pin
cooler.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike Eisenstadt

                          PCSOFT's List Owners: