From:
Eugene Khayutin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 May 1999 16:23:48 -0700
It has finally happened… My compressed drive crashed…  Fortunately, I
managed to back up my most important stuff virtually few minutes before
the crash.  Still a lot of important material is lost.  I am still able
to see Drvspace.000 file on the host drive, but it will not mount.
"Volume is damaged " - DriveSpace says and recommends running scandisk.
'Standard' test runs fine, but 'thorough test' hangs the computer at
about 90% of the test.  I tried to copy file to another drive, but
computer friezes on about 20%.

I am almost ready to obey my fate, but if somebody knows a trick or
three, or a utility to recover this type of files, I would love to try
it.
I tried to set it up as a PRIM and SEC MASTER, or SLAVE.  I can see
Drvspace.000 and some other files in windows explorer, but I can not
even see the drive in DOS mode.  BIOS is recognizing the drive
correctly, but Win98 Setup reports drive as un-partitioned...

Machine is Pentium 75, 64 MB of RAM, Windows 98. Faulty HD is Conner
CP30541.

Thanx in advance,

Eugene Khayutin  :-((

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html