From:
Brian Coe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 11:21:01 -0800
Greetings all

This weekend I upgraded the Intel EtherExpress pro 10 IS card to a Intel
pro 100 PCI card. since I had the card in the shared PCI ISA slot I figured
great pull one out and put the other one in. I couldn't be more wrong in
this case. I couldn't make the card see the rest of the network. altho the
card it self all checked out just fine. Win98 said it was fine the proset
diags said it was fine and it was showing a light on the card its self and
would link the LNK light when booting. the funny thing is that it wouldn't
light the light on my hub. after going through everything I could think of
I decided to move the card to a new PCI slot and it then showed up just
like it should. I recall sever pseudo situations recently on the list so i
taught I would forward this bit of information.

Brian Coe
CM Productions
[Full Name]
[e-mail address]
-----
The American Dream does not come to those who fall asleep.
-----
[web site address]
[business telephone number]
-----
(c) 1997, Schizofrenia! ( Signature generated w/SchizoSigz! v1.0 )
Get your copy at: http://www.surfline.ne.jp/alt-fx

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com