From:
Robert Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 13:45:32 -0500
Hi there people,
        I'm not sure if this would be a valid problem to be posted into
this mailing list. And I've thought it over many times before posting
this.
        Alright, when I shut down win95, it makes this loud floppy drive
(1.44 drive) seeking noise. I have a 1.2 floppy drive installed also, but
win95 does not seek that drive.
        Okay, I understand that this probably happens with every computer
while shutting down. But sometimes weird things happens, for instance, in
a dos window in win95, when i type dir g: (g drive is my cdrom drive), it
seeks the floppy drive. And it makes this annoying floppy drive seek
noise.
        I can understand if sometimes win95 wants to see if there is
floppy in the drive and it seeks it for a brief moment. But the floppy
drive seeks takes like 5 seconds to seek a floppy.
        Is there any way I can turn off the floppy drive seek while
shutdown?  Is there a problem with my win95 config setup?
        Any help with this problem will be really appreciated.
        Thanks, - Rob.