From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 20:37:15 -0600
At 05:16 PM 4/16/99 , David Gillett wrote:
>On 16 Apr 99, at 14:13, Kent Tenney wrote:
>
>> I am having trouble locating a source for the little
>> gizmos you plug into the back of the MB, a ribbon cable goes
>> to a bracket to plug a cable into.
>> I need the ones for 9 pin serial, and ps2 mouse
>
>  There MAY, if you are very lucky, be a single standard for the PS/2 mouse
>connector.
>
>  There is not, though, for the 9-pin serial connector.  Some motherboards
>connect the top row of pins to one row and the bottom row to the other; some
>connect pin 1 to pin 1, 2 to 2, and so on.  There might be other
>variations....
>  In general, you need a cable and connector (brackets with cut-outs are not
>too hard to find) that goes with your motherboard.  [Anecdotes suggest that
>odds of a third-party part working for you are significantly less than 50-50.]

I agree with David about the variations on cabling and pin-outs.   However,
with that said, you can buy universal connectors of this sort from a company
called:  Cables Unlimited     http://www.cablesun.com
or call Mark Dunstan    1-800-655-1905    and he will set you up if you are
an OEM/system builder... or such.  He can send you a catalog...  and they
have great pricing.   (Sorry but that is a USA only number...  outside the
US you will need to send him an Email at:  [log in to unmask] ).

These guys get good marks on availablity and pricing.

                Bob Wright
       The NOSPIN Group, Inc
http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: