From:
Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 20:58:22 -0500
Ken:

Yes, you've got an AGP card, so the slot-swapping trick won't work. I've lost
your original posting, but my recollection is that you've got a dead machine
that you'd like to revive. I've found that AGP cards can sometimes be
especially difficult to seat properly. My standard method (learned the hard
way), is to press down very firmly on the card while supporting the
motherboard from the rear so that it doesn't bend. (The usual
static-elimination precautions apply). Oh, and while you're at it, verify
that the monitor cable is seated (unlikely, but it only takes a few seconds
to check). If that doesn't post, can you beg or borrow another known good AGP
video card? Alternatively, is it possible to try your AGP card in another
working system? Don't worry about drivers -- we're just trying to see if
the card works.

Regards,
Carroll Grigsby

On Monday 14 January 2002 09:49 pm, you wrote:
> From all I know about it, my video card is AGP.  Aren't the PCI slots the
> white ones?  This one is a rather short brown one that sits back from the
> edge of the MB.  And, there's only one of 'em.  Does it matter what type of
> Video card I trade with?  i.e., would there be a question of compatibility
> with this MB should I find another one and it also didn't work?
> Ken

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com