From:
WILLIAM SHAFFER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 May 2005 12:41:08 -0700
Here is a weird one.

I am on dial up (unfortunately)

Periodically and randomly even though my PPP icon show active connective
status. everything will stop. Browser, OE, Messenger, etc... It is as if I
clicked the pad lock in zone alarm and closed all ports!  I don't think its
ZA is doing on its own  because I have shut it down and the problem remains
the same. I have to disconnect and re-dial in to re-establish everything.

I am running WIN XP Pro

And just to name a few:
NAV 2004 always updated.
SpySwsweeper
ZA Pro
The Cleaner always updated
All WIN updates to date including SP2

So I don't think it an issue of a Trojan or virus. I am pretty religious
about keeping my programs up to date and use them frequently.
I frequently run NETSTAT or use TCP View to monitor inbound outbound
connections and do not see anything out of the ordinary.

Perhaps its just my ISP?

I use MSN, but do not use any of the MSN software or MSN Dial up Connection
manager. (Never will either!) I just use the good ole' windows dial
networking.

Anyhow anyone have any ideas on this?

-=William=-