From:
Phillip Roey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 13:22:26 -0400
I have found similar problems when swapping MBs on XP systems, and as XP is
based on 2000, the solution may be the same.

I don't even try to boot up after a MB upgrade.  I boot to the XP disk, and
then do a repair installation at the point where it detects the old install.
This lets it redetect all the hardware ( yours is probably  trying to load
using bad drivers for the current setup)  and so far I've had 100% success.
If the 2000 disk will boot and allow a repair installation ( not the same as
repair from recovery console) or an "upgrade" installation, I think you'll
be OK.

Good Luck,
                   Phill