From:
"Stephen K. Brown" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 01:09:51 -0600
Hello all:

Have Gigabyte GA-8IHXP motherboard (Rev 2.1), ATI All-In-Wonder 9700 Pro
video card, Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Platinum sound card & Windows XP
Pro SP1.  Each time I boot, I get a window indicating that a new device has
been found and a driver needs to be found in order to install the device.
In device manager, a file appears as Other devices with a yellow question
mark.  Expanding the file shows one item also with a yellow question mark
named: Unknown device.

Clicking on the Reinstall Driver button in the Properties window for the
Unknown device and selecting the "Install the software automatically
(Recommended)" results in driver not found.  Right clicking the Unknown
device and selecting
properties shows:  Device type:  Other devices.  Manufacturer:  Unknown
Location:  on Intel(R) 82801DB LPC Interface Controller - 24C0.  In Device
Manager properties I have selected the Driver tab and selected  "Uninstall"
but it continues to appear in Device Manager and on boot.

What is this device and how can I permanently remove it?   Thanks for any

Steve Brown

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml