From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 09:36:15 -0500
With my latest rebuild, I went with the Fong Kai FK-320.  You can read a
review of the case at http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1215&p=1.
This is a somewhat oversized midtower case, which makes for plenty of room
to work on things inside of it.  I'm using it with an overclocked PIII, but
I think this would make an excellent case for Athlons and Durons because of
it's cooling features.  As you can see in the review, it includes an exhaust
fan on the back of the case, just below the power supply, with a hood that
fits over the CPU.  Unfortunately they installed the fan to blow into the
case, but you can easily turn it around so it exhausts the heat as comes off
the processor.

Fong Kai also makes a somewhat smaller and less expensive FK-603 model,
which AnandTech also reviewed, http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1138.

These cases might be a bit harder to find a reseller for than other brands,
I bought mine from http://directron.com/.

I'm sure that you will get a lot of different suggestions for cases.  Since
you are planning on using a Duron, I would suggest seeing if the power
supply is approved by AMD or at least recommended for use with Athlons, and
I would look carefully at  the cooling offered by the case, since the Durons
and Athlons tend to run fairly hot.  That's why I like the idea of an
exhaust fan at the back just below the power supply for removing the heat
from the processor.

Happy shopping,

John