From:
Trevor Gibbs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 21:44:00 +1100
Hi Tom,

I had this problem or something similar to it... to the extent that I could
not use the keyboard to ctrl+Alt+Del etc. It would do this several times
once the problem started. I thought right through Hard disk problems,
reinstalling Win 95, and thinking I had an I/O problem.

Most of my problems seem to have stopped after the advice of a friend when
I lifted my processor cooling fan off and placed a not too liberal coating
of Dow Corning Heat Sink compound between the processor and the fan heat
sink. The problem according to my friend was that the processor literally
overheats with data processing and literally "loses it". The heat was
exasperated by the warm and somewhat humid summer we are having down here
in Australia.

Most electronic places or technicians would be able to give you a small
amount of the compound... buying a tube would mean you would be passing it
to your grandchildren unless you do a lot of electronic work with
transistors.

HTH

Trevor Gibbs

> From: Tom Sykora <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: [PCBUILD] Freeze-up
> Date: Thursday, February 11, 1999 5:11 PM
>
> After exchanging a bad hard drive, getting a new floppy, and jumping
other
> hurdles, I thought I was out of the woods with my inherited pentium 233
II.