From:
"gary r. tennesen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 05:29:34 -0800
  Two months now @ 366mhz with no problems in any applications or games.

I have an over-sized heat sink and fan (still only cost 15 bucks) and  I
have a feeling that it will run 380.

Side note:  while overclocking is a great way to squeeze an extra few bucks
out of the chip mfg.., I have found that it *does* shorten the life of the
CPU... even Intel.  I had a number of overclocked P100mhz Intels @ 133mhz
that started giving me gpf's and lock ups after about a year of
overclocking.  The error messages stopped when I set the chips back down to
100.  I have a feeling that I may be seeing errors again in the future due
to any long-term ill I may have caused the chip.

A very good motherboard (thickness of material used for heat dissipation)
and a very good heatsink/fan setup are mandatory for long-term overclocking.

gary r. tennesen

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html