From:
Donald Rex Gaither <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 09:37:07 -0500
On Wednesday, May 05, 1999 11:14 PM, Jeffrey Delzer
[SMTP:[log in to unmask]] wrote:
> I'd like to replace the current motherboard with a FIC VA-503+. I've
> heard good things about that board from users of this list, and I think
> it would fit in her AT case and allow her to continue to use her
> existing RAM. I also plan to add a Creative Ensoniq AudioPCI sound card
> and a low-cost video card that still offers some measure of 3D gaming
> ability. She's strictly a 2D (text and productivity) person, but when
> her kids come to visit they'd like to be able to play a game or two. I'm
> thinking an ATI Rage 16 MB card would fit the bill. She wants to keep
> the AMD 233, the two hard drives, and the CD-ROM drive.
>
> Does anyone have any comments about the components I've picked? Am I
> overlooking anything?
>
> Jeff Delzer

Hi,
        The company I work at uses the FIC VA 503+ almost exclusively for their
upgrades.  Out of the two dozen or so I have personally installed, haven't
yet had a problem with one.  Also, I have an Ensoniq AudioPCI (bought it
before Creative Labs bought them).  No problem setting it up, and likewise
have had no problems with it.

HTH,
Donald Gaither