From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 13:22:05 -0700
Bob,

I am not going to directly answer your question, but I do want to issue a
warning.  There will be a partition on the front of your old drive that is
7MB or 8MB in size.  This partition needs to be on the front of your new
drive as well.  Make sure that whatever copying method you use gets this
partition at the front of your drive.  It is the Compaq diagnostics
partition, and you will not be able to make any changes to your BIOS without
it.

The other option is to press F10 while booting to the old drive and create a
set of diagnostic partition diskettes.  Once this is done you need to FDisk
the new drive, boot to the diagnostic diskettes you created, and install the
diagnostic partition on the new hard drive.  From there you can image the
old drive and put it on the new drive without problem.

Kyle Elmblade

Look for great selection and prices on electronics
at www.distinctelectronics.vstoreelectronics.com