From:
Gene Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 19:04:50 -0600
Hello List,

We are having a problem getting the mobo (Intel D865 GBF, P4-2.6 MHz) to
boot. We are using Windows XP PRO. SP2 was downloaded about a month ago with
no problems.

1. With all the drives disconnected, and the memory removed, the mobo will
run without shutting down.

2. After adding back the memory, it will start to boot but shut down after
about 5 seconds.

3. We have discovered that after removing the battery and reinstalling it
(in condition #2), the mobo will continue to run without shutting down,
however, after the next shutdown the re-boot gets aborted again in about 5
seconds.

4. We have tried replacing the memory, power supply, and the battery but the
problem has not been resolved.

5. after getting the mobo to run by reinstalling the battery, we found the
original Western Digital hdd (C:) would not open windows XP Pro.

6. installing a new Maxtor hdd and installing windows XP pro was successful,
however, we still have the boot problem (that can be corrected by
reinstalling the battery before each boot).

7.When adding the Western digital hdd back as the slave, we could see the
drive but could not access any files.

All this may have something to do with a voltage fluxuation we think we had
from the power company before these problems started.

Any ideas on what is going on here will be appreciated.

Thanks for your help in advance

Gene Johnson

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com