From:
Ed Thomasson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 May 1999 21:09:23 -0500
I have recently ran onto a couple of floppy drives in which the #1 pin was
not next to the power connection, but I can't remember the brand. If you
plug it in backwards, the light will come on  on the drive and stay on. It
won't hurt anything  (I've heard it will ruin a disk if you have one in),
just power down and reverse the ribbon cable.
ed thomasson

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html