From:
"James W. Cooley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2007 22:34:28 -0400
Subject:  Screen failed on laptop
From: Jim Cooley
The screen on my HP Pavilion zd7000 laptop went blank 1 1/2 years ago when
it was in warranty.  They said the backlight failed and put  a new screen on
at no charge, saying it would cost about $600 without the warranty.  I did
not buy the extended warranty.  Now it went blank again and the warranty has
expired.  I bought a 20" LCD flat panel monitor.  Parts of the desktop
show, the screen goes blank and on every 5 seconds, and some parts of the
desktop are distorted.  The cursor stopped showing and  it will not respond
to the keyboard.  I changed to an older hard drive that had the whole system
and it did the same thing.  Can this be a problem with the graphics board?
Any help will be appreciated.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml