From:
Winston Pike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 17:16:37 -0400
Hmmm, sounds like the same thing we run into on occassion.
I install cable modems (3com) and some (15%) work with multiple machines.
3com said to swap the pin 3/6 pair on the cat5 going from the modem to the
hub.
Something else we do is reboot the modem. Sometimes the modem won't
initialize
properly.

Winston Pike