From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 07:50:28 -0400
> I've got two colour monitors (TVM & ViewSonic). They give off
> voltage on the
> earthing pin after being used for sometime. Due to this high
> voltage on the
> earth pin, other parts of the computer like casing, modem,
> printer or other
> metallic surface also have this voltage and I get a shock if I
> accidentally
> touch them. I think this is also the reason for one of my MB being fried.
>
> What could be wrong with the monitor ? (My guess is some component inside
> the monitor is leaking the voltage/current from live pin after it
> heats up.)

        Sounds like you have a grounding problem, is the third pin of the monitor
and system connected to ground? Check the ground connection on your outlet,
chances are it is faulty if everything else checks out. Hope this helped,
TTYL

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions