From:
"S. Stubbs" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 21:50:40 -0500
Hi, I have various networking questions here.
First here is my setup:
Host PC, win98SE, using ICS, tcp/ip, ipx/spx,small peer-to-peer
Client PC, win98, with ICSclient, tcp/ip, ipx/spx, small peer-to-peer
D-link fast ethernet NICS in both, connected to D-link 10/100 switch
with cat 5 cable.
Both PCs have good old 56k modems in them.

I have signed up for DSL from bellsouth.net.
I will be receiving an internal DSL modem.
I would like to know if there is anything special that I need to do to
enable the ICS for the DSL, and how does it work. Will I need to
purchase a cool DSL router, like that Linksys DSL/cable router?
I know it has a firewall in it, which is cool, that way I would not have
to have firewall software.
Please could someone explain more of what I need to do once I get the
DSL install kit from bellsouth.net?
Thanks,
Susan Stubbs

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: