From:
Kevin Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 00:01:45 -0400
The on going saga continues........
Quick update: Dell Dimension XPS P200s, WIN98se

I have tried moving the PCI USB to other slots with no luck. In fact, I
completely removed both NIC's so that the USB could have the machine all to
itself, and still nothing.

I did notice that the joystick I tried was getting power (a light came on on
the joystick itself), but Windows did not "see" a new device.

Again, Intel's usbready.exe reports that all is well. Window's usbview sees
the PCI USB card. There are no conflicts in Device Manager. By all
indications the card is working and providing power to everything I plug
into it, but STILL Windows will not see any of them!

I have run out of ideas. Anyone have a last ditch effort?

Kevin Weaver

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html