From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 11:58:31 -0500
Are you using the Win 98 SE startup floppy?  If so, did you fdisk and format before starting your installation the first time? If not, the first thing you should do is fdisk, and when that is done restart and do format. If the drive has bad sectors you will find that out, and may wish to get a new drive since they are very cheap now.

>This is a new one for me.  I have a KT 133/E/A K7 Chipset with AMD Duron
>750Mhz and 512 RAM and 30Gig HD.  I received the box with the HD already wiped
>clean.  When I first started it up I entered BIOS to double check settings.  All
>appeared ok.  I began installing Win98se.  It said it wasn't eligible for a
>quick  format and asked if I wanted an unconditional format.  I said ok.  It
>hung on "trying to reclaim cluster" number such and such.  It stayed there about
>45 minutes.  I restarted.  The startup hung at detecting hard drive.  I am now
>unable to enter BIOS.  What went wrong and how do I fix it?

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml