From:
Tom Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 10:05:50 -0700
I only have experience with an internal DVD writer so I can't operationally
address your basic question comparing internal vs. external DVD writers. My
OPINION is that if you have room to install an internal writer and if you
only need to use it on one computer, than go with an internal writer. It is
one less item sitting on your desktop (or wherever) taking up space.
I have an internal NEC 2500a 8X DVD writer along with a Kworld PCI video
capture card (Xpert DVD MAKER) that came with Cyberlink PowerProducer 2 Gold
software. This combination has an option to record directly from the VCR to
DVD called "direct to disc". Note - when using this feature set the record
speed at the lowest level available. Once I did that, the "direct to disc"
worked good without the need to put it onto the hard drive and then burn it
to DVD. If you want to edit the video before burning to DVD, then that
feature is also available.

I hope this helps your consideration.

Tom Mayer