From:
"Frank R. Brown" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 06:47:42 -0500
By 'doesn't work' I mean that the mounting kit is in a sense
too small.  It doesn't span the space between the hard drive
and the bay.

(I didn't try it, but perhpas I could use the mounting kit to
mount a 3. 1/2" internal floppy drive in the 5 1/4" bay.)

Am I missing slide-in rails for the bay that I need to
attach my 'universal' mounting kit to?

The hard drive I want to mount is a 3 Gb seagate drive.
It's the standard size (whatever that means).  It would
fit just fine in one of the bays for internal hard drives,
but they're both full.

I assumed this would be a no-brainer, and I assumed a
'universal' mounting kit would be just that, but now I'm
trying to figure out how to insure that the next kit I buy
actually works.

Thanks again.

Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>

> What do you mean by saying it doesn't work?  I have used a lot of these kits
> for just what you are describing.  The screws that come with the kits
> usually don't work, but I have a bajillion screws lying around and I can
> always find the ones I need.
>
> > I am trying to add an old seagate drive to a Micron Millenium
> > P6 machine....
> > The machine has two empty 5 1/4" drive bays....
> > Is there any way I can mount the internal drive in the bay.
> > What do I need to do to make sure I get the corrrect
> > mounting hardware this time?

     Frank R.Brown
     Frank.R.Brown@MailAndNews

                     support at our newest website: