From:
Matt Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 14:22:13 -0500
Hello,
I have a Aureal AU8830 Vortex2 A3D sound card (PCI). I'm using Win98 first edition. I have a Tyan Trinity 100AT motherboard with 128MB of RAM. I'm using the latest reference drivers, and I tried the drivers included with the card, but got the same problem. I also got this same problem using the default drivers in Windows 2000 (Win98 doesn't have drivers for the AU8830 Vortex2), but fixed this problem by installing the drivers included with the card.

The problem:
For every application I use, it only plays sound for about 1 second. In Media Player it plays sound for about 1 second and pauses automatically. I can unpause the sound and hear another portion of the wav file I am playing. I can restart other applications and play sound for another 1 second, but that's the only fix. The sounds such as the ones for menus, minimizing, maximizing, etc. work, but if they are too long, I don't hear all of them.

Question:
How do I fix my sound card?

Thanks,
Matt Wheeler