From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:17:24 -0400
Hi,

If this has already been answered, my apologies - I'm plying catch-up
from vacation.

I think the board and card manufacturers take care of that for you on
good quality boards and cards by using the slot notches in the Video
card's AGP slot.

For instance when the P4 boards from Intel first came out and you tried
to use an older card on the slot, it would not physically fit.  The
notch was placed at the opposite end, making you think they mounted the
AGP slot on the board incorrectly.  I know I was not alone with that
thought on my first try of a P4.

Now you will see new cards and they have dual slots on the tangs,
meaning the card will work on either voltage.

The only safe sure way to verify is to go to the manufacturer's sight
and look it up.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore
I know how to recognized the speed of agp slot (2x, 4x or 8x). But i do
not know how to differentiate the voltage that the agp card require.

Any one who know or have any ideas where i can find the necessary info,
please help me

thank you

best wishes

chan fan chong