Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2007 07:44:26 -0700
Heat cycling can cause PCI cards to work their way out of the socket.
Oxidation of the contacts can also occur, so removing a card and plugging it
back in can often bring back to life what appears to be a defective board.
Just some things to keep in mind in case of future failures. Glad it worked
out for you so simply.

Peter Shkabara
760-451-1643

  _____

Peter, many thanks!  That was one of those "duh" moments:  in fact the modem
was  a bit loose in its PCI slot.  (How that happened I don't know, but
there it is!)  I popped it back in place and all is well.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml