From:
Marsha Crafts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 22:53:58 -0500
Greetings
Have spent the past 24 hours on and off trying to get a new Visioneer
One Touch 7600 USB scanner working with a:
Quantex Pentium II 450 with 128 Mgs of Ram
runningWindows '98
The problem seems to be in configuring the scanner on startup. The
computer finds the scanner (it's listed in the device manager under USB
root hub. But it never completes the configuration. Eventually it times
out and disappears from the screen.
I've worked through 2  complete installations following the instructions
in the manual and two more with the support help at Visioneer and
updated drivers and a patch which they provided but no success.
This is the first and only USB device that I've tried to connect to this
machine. I don't know if that's significant.
Since the tech support at Visioneer are now unavailable until Monday, I
thought I'd seek help here.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
Bill VanKeuren